Who we are
1 NAME The club shall be known as Liverpool Canoe Club.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
2.1. The aims and objectives of the Club are to:
Promote and provide opportunities for the sport and recreation of canoeing;
Provide coaching and competitive or recreational opportunities;
Ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
2.2. In furtherance of the above objectives the Club is committed to treating everyone equally regardless of sex, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or beliefs.
Liverpool Canoe Club Constitution ***
Terms and Conditions
- I understand and agree that I should not share my login details with anyone else (except for my immediate family when selecting a family membership).
- By joining Liverpool Canoe Club I am acknowledging (digitally signing) that I understand that canoeing and kayaking are assumed risk sports. It is my responsibility to let fellow paddlers know of any disabilities or medical conditions which may affect the planned paddle. While coaches, coordinators and experienced paddlers can offer advice, it is my responsibility to make sure that I (or my family) are suitably experienced and equipped for any trip or paddle undertaken.
- I (We) will abide by any rules or guidelines posted by Liverpool Canoe Club.
- I give permission for Liverpool Canoe Club to publish photographs of me or my family taking part in club activities to help publicise canoe sport – You can ask for any photograph to be removed or taken down at any time or indeed ask anyone with a camera not to photograph you or your family if you so wish.
- I understand that all the content on this web site is copyrighted.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Members have access to list of members, their contact details (Email address and Mobile phone numbers) All other information is only available to the membership secretary and will not be disclosed unless required to by law.